We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Auckland picnic supplies

Which Auckland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8,056 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Auckland picnic supplies

Hi all,

we are heading to Tiritiri Matangi for the day on Sunday in mid Feb. We understand from their website that no food is available on the island and we will need to take a picnic lunch.

We will need to pick up our picnic supplies on the Saturday. We are staying at Quay West and are planning to head over to Devonport that day.

We would appreciate advice as to where to aquire our picnic goodies.

Oh, I guess we'll need to be picking up some brekkie supplies too. Any supermarkets nearby Quay West?

thanks

Snodge

Edited: 05 January 2010, 21:58
Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Auckland picnic supplies

Hi

There is a Foodtown Supermarket (may now be Countdown as they have recently rebranded) at 76 Quay Street which is just over a kilometre from Quay West where you will be able to find all you need for your picnic.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8,056 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Auckland picnic supplies

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,868 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Auckland picnic supplies

Snodge,

i picked up some real nice picnic stuff from the fish markets..they have a "Jones the Grocer" style of deli shop there. i also bought meat etc to self cater. You can walk...it's a bit of a hike but quite pleasant going around via the dockfront took maybe 15-20 mins.

We stayed at Quay West too..

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8,056 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Auckland picnic supplies

Thanks GW, that sounds like it could be interesting. I'll sus it out.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Auckland picnic supplies

Will need to put your picnic goodies in a sealed plastic container like an ice cream one or similar to take food to Tiritiri.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8,056 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Auckland picnic supplies

Thanks calicolodge. I'll bear that in mind.

7. Re: Auckland picnic supplies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2010, 06:16