We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time In Auckland

Which Auckland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First Time In Auckland

Going to auckland soon for 3 weeks. Have flights, accom, and transport sorted for now. But i ain't a rich man at the moment!!

I have about $4500 NZD to last me 3 weeks (all the above is paid for) just me no one else to spend on. I wont be doing any touristy stuff, just party time really,

Eating out and drinking, if anybody has an idea if this will be enough for eating out and drinking, not every night but most, it would be much appreciated, cant seem to find anything on the net.

I will be going back later in the year to do touristy stuff :)

Thanks guys.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Time In Auckland

Hi

It will depend on where you eat and drink and how much you eat and drink! However I would have thought that your budget will be more than adequate - works out at over $200.00 per day..

Wanaka, New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Time In Auckland

That sounds like heaps, even if you do do some touristy things.

Like lonekaurilodge said, that works out at about $200 per day.

A glass of wine or beer at a pub works out at around $8 (more or less depending on the brand and place). However, if you're not driving and want to have a few beers before you go out for the night, beers from the supermarket are only about $2 each.

At mid-range restaurants, lunch will cost you around $15 - $20 per day, dinner about $20 - $30, and breakfast can be as cheap as a loaf of bread and some spreads from the supermarket.

Hope this helps.

Edited: 07 February 2010, 18:48
Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
507 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Time In Auckland

NZ$200 per day is heaps! You'll be fine :-) Especially if you're going alone, and only planning to spend on food and drinks (and perhaps on some taxi ride home after a huge night out?)

4. Re: First Time In Auckland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2010, 05:17