We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a Hotel for pre cruise near Princess Warf

Rancho Cucamonga...
Level Contributor
9 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a Hotel for pre cruise near Princess Warf

Planning to take a cruise on the Diamond Princess departing Jan. 27,2011 From Auckland. Plan to arrive a couple days early for some sight seeing. Looking for a Hotel near the Princess Warf & aTour Co for day trips in and about Auckland that won't break the bank.

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a Hotel for pre cruise near Princess Warf

For reasonably priced options, try the Copthorne City Hotel, (make sure you are booking the 'new' city Copthorne in Quay St, not the 'old' one in Anzac Ave) or Hotel Grand Chancellor.

The Copthorne is directly opposite Princes Wharf, and the Hotel Grand Chancellor is just a few minutes walk.

Both these will be between $100-$150 NZ per room

The Hilton is right on Princes Wharf, but this is in a different price bracket (around $300 NZ per room)

Rancho Cucamonga...
Level Contributor
9 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a Hotel for pre cruise near Princess Warf

Thanks for the info I willput this at the top a place to stay. Ranchogordo

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a Hotel for pre cruise near Princess Warf

Check out things to do on Trip Advisor for suggestions for your time in Auckland, many tour options, sights and attractions.

Also look at hotels on TA and then email them direct for prices.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
398 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a Hotel for pre cruise near Princess Warf

I've never stayed at the Copthorne but never would..noisy noisy noisy and oldish. But yes it can be cheap. How about the Waldorf Apartment Hotel in Beach Road - a couple of blocks from the wharf? Quay West is outstanding if you have a slightly bigger budget and - while not as close - the Rydges is a place we often choose when we stay in town for the night. You can join the Rydges club (for free) and get automatic discounts .

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a Hotel for pre cruise near Princess Warf

I think Travellingbuzz is talking about the old Copthorne in Anzac Ave - as I said, make sure you are booking the new copthorne in Quay St.

The apartments they mentionned in Beach Rd are nice but they are not all that close to Princes Wharf (I would guess a 10-15 minute walk)

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
398 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a Hotel for pre cruise near Princess Warf

Andy - no I defnately mean Quay Street. We get cheap rates there thrugh work hence the regular reports i have on it. I agree wth your comments re Beach Road - I suggets it because it can be good value and still closeish.

York, UK
Level Contributor
6 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a Hotel for pre cruise near Princess Warf

Mercure on Custom Street West; nothing fancy, but clean and cheap with a decent restaurant. If you want to spend more, Sebel Suites.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a Hotel for pre cruise near Princess Warf

Hi

For possible deals you may wish to take a look at:

www.wotif.com.

For day trips hav e a look at:

www.bushandbeach.co.nz

or

www.coast2coastnz.com

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
398 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for a Hotel for pre cruise near Princess Warf

Mercure on Custom Street West; nothing fancy, but clean and cheap with a decent restaurant. If you want to spend more, Sebel Suites.

I've heard good things about that Mercure

10. Re: Looking for a Hotel for pre cruise near Princess Warf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2010, 05:16