We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from AKL to catch an InterCity Bus to Rotorua

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
718 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from AKL to catch an InterCity Bus to Rotorua

I seem to recall, when I was traveling on an InterCity Bus coming from Rotorua to Auckland, that the bus stopped some where - perhaps Manukau City? and dropped off passengers who were directed to take another bus to AKL. This made a lot more sense than going all the way in to Auckland and back out the airport.

I am looking to do the reverse. Arrive at AKL and take an InterCity Bus to Rotorua. Is anyone familiar with the way to avoid CBD and catch an InterCity Bus some point along the route to get to Rotorua?

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
13,929 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from AKL to catch an InterCity Bus to Rotorua

Hi Lady GBD,

At Auckland International, head for the Manukau city bus which stops to pickup passengers from International terminal, near the Airbus stop (this bus goes into Auckland city). The route is frequent, and takes pasengers destined for Manukau City to the same site as the Intercity coaches pullin bound for north/south routes. Also, the Manukau city shopping centre is right there.

aucklandairport.co.nz/ToAndFromTheAirport/Pu…

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
718 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from AKL to catch an InterCity Bus to Rotorua

Thank you Frangipani08. I have appreciated your most excellent information :-)

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
13,929 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from AKL to catch an InterCity Bus to Rotorua

You are most welcome LadyGBD.

4. Re: Bus from AKL to catch an InterCity Bus to Rotorua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2010, 07:19