We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Incident at Muriwai Beach 26/03/2010

Which Auckland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Incident at Muriwai Beach 26/03/2010

We've been back home now for three weeks after our wonderful holiday in NZ, but I keep thinking about a rather distressing incident towards the end of our stay. We were travelling towards Auckland and had decided to go and have "one last look at a NZ beach" and drove to Muriwai.

As we arrived it was obvious that something had happened. We realised it was serious but felt we shouldn't stay and be classed as "gawping tourists". As we left emergency services were arriving. I searched the Auckland newspaper the next day and saw nothing about the incident. I'm hoping a member of the Auckland forum will perhaps know whether there was a happy or sad end to the incident, and then perhaps I'll stop wondering... Thanks

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
717 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Incident at Muriwai Beach 26/03/2010

I took a quick look on the internet, there was an incident that may fit your visit.

www.nzherald.co.nz/muriwai/news/article.cfm…

I understand how you feel about respecting the situation and moving on. It's natural curiosity to want to observe, but not always appropriate in my humble opinion. Gela

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Incident at Muriwai Beach 26/03/2010

Thanks Lady GBD - that's all I wanted to know. I'd searched on-line myself that weekend but hadn't found anything.

As far as I'm concerned this topic is now closed, again thanks for your help.

3. Re: Incident at Muriwai Beach 26/03/2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2010, 06:35