We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Days in July, last-minute impulse trip

Dallas, Texas
11 posts
Save Topic
2 Days in July, last-minute impulse trip

Hi, I'll be in Auckland July4-6 and was looking for recommendations on where to stay. I don't plan on getting a car, so someplace where I can walk to restaurants and have access to transportation. I was looking for something moderately priced (less than US$100) and safe for a woman traveling solo. My return flight is on a Tue 1:30PM, so hopefully doesn't have to be near the airport. Also, would you suggest one of the tours of just hopping on and off the bus? Thanks in advance for any tips.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 Days in July, last-minute impulse trip

Check out www. wotif.com for accommodation. They have maps and anywhere near to Queen Street would be central.

I would suggest the hop on hop off bus www,explorerbus.co.nz.

My pick of attractions would be Sky City, Auckland Museum and do try and see the Maori experience, The Maritime Museum, Auckland Zoo and maybe a ferry trip across the harbour to Devonport or Rangitoto Island.

Dallas, Texas
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 Days in July, last-minute impulse trip

Thank you for your suggestions, from what I read, I was between CBD or Parnell, but I'll look into places near Queen St. I'll check out your tips for things to do as well.

3. Re: 2 Days in July, last-minute impulse trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2010, 06:17