We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days 2 nights in Auckland..Waiheke island??

San Francisco
2 posts
Save Topic
3 days 2 nights in Auckland..Waiheke island??

I will be in Auckland for only 3 days and 2 nights in January.. I am considering spending the entire time on Waiheke island. Any advice on things to see, do, where to stay would be most appreciated..

thanks!

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days 2 nights in Auckland..Waiheke island??

There is so much to do in the Auckland area that i would not have thought someone from San Fran would want to spend all their time on Waiheke Island. But there is lots to do on the Island also. Check out www.waiheke.co.nz for all that you need to know.

San Francisco
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days 2 nights in Auckland..Waiheke island??

thanks for the link. Do you have any suggestions other than Waiheke Island? I chose it merely because I will have spent a week in Christ Church at a wedding and was hoping to chill out before going back home. Possibly do a couple of hikes, hang out on the beach and was not planning on renting a car.

Thanks!

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
27,662 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 days 2 nights in Auckland..Waiheke island??

I also have decided to spend our two nights in Auckland on Waiheke Island when we go in march. The place appeals to me with wineries, farmers markets, interesting walks and the like.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
154 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 days 2 nights in Auckland..Waiheke island??

If you want to relax and hike I don't think you can beat staying at www.thebeachbach.co.nz . It is right at the waters edge, kayaks are provided and there are walking trails on site. The hot tub on the deck was the icing on the cake. We stocked up with food and didn't want to leave during our stay.

auckland
Level Contributor
424 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 days 2 nights in Auckland..Waiheke island??

Waiheke is a gem!Despite the luxurious beach-houses which have popped up over there, there is still a quaint relaxed style to the place.The weather in January should be perfect for you(although we Aucklanders know rain is always around the corner!)

There are lots of lovely cafes and wineries, apart from that limited shopping.If you did find it too quiet you can be in town in 35 minutes.I think hiring a car makes all aspects of Waiheke more accessible and would recommend it.

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
27,662 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 days 2 nights in Auckland..Waiheke island??

To the original poster, as the last comment indicated, we've been strongly advised to rent a car, so we're going to do that when we arrive on island. We're staying at Delamore Lodge in early March. Look forward to hearing your experiences!

7. Re: 3 days 2 nights in Auckland..Waiheke island??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2011, 05:33
Get answers to your questions about Auckland Central