We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Farmers Santa Parade

Which Auckland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
375 posts
131 reviews
Save Topic
Farmers Santa Parade

The Farmers Santa Parade (28/11) will be on while we are in Auckland. Is this an event worth stopping 2-3 hrs. to watch? Or should we just continue with our acitvities as planned.

Your comments are valued. Thanks.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Farmers Santa Parade

Hi

If you are travelling with young children then it might be worth staying to see the parade. Otherwise I would get out of the city centre.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,069 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Farmers Santa Parade

This Christmas Parade is an icon in Auckland. As a very young papoose I can remember sitting on the side of the road with my flag waiting for Santa. I am now well into my sixties. It is the countries top street parade and well worth watching but get there early especially with youngsters

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,765 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Farmers Santa Parade

Hi - go to http://www.santaparade.co.nz/ and have a look at the gallery... you'll soon be able to see if it is something you'd like to stay and watch. I took my grandson last year and we have a great time but maybe you might like to get out of the city at that time.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
375 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Farmers Santa Parade

Given that we only have three days in central Auckland and not travelling with children - although we are young at heart :) - we'll give this a miss and take the ferry to Devonport for the afternoon.

Scottygirl, I had a look at the pictures of the parade in the previous years. Great parade for the little ones.

Thanks for all the comments.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,765 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Farmers Santa Parade

Oh heck, you didn't mention children (not travelling with them). Yes, go to Devonport or anywhere other than the centre of the city!! Sounds like a plan to me.

6. Re: Farmers Santa Parade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2011, 05:16