We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baby Pram

kuala lumpur
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Topic
Baby Pram

Hi guys- need opinion on where we can get cheap baby prams- don't mind second hands. We just need it for our trip to ferry our 3 year old, otherwise carrying her everywhere is going be tiring.

Thanks

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,982 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baby Pram

I presume you just mean a pushchair? If you go to:

babycity.co.nz/on-the-move/…

Page 2, you will see one there for $59 which is light and easy to carry when not needed for your 3 year old. Hopefully this gives you an idea of prices brand new.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,982 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baby Pram

Also look at Baby Factory.

babyfactory.co.nz/products/group/32/page/1/

These shops are all over Auckland - good luck :)

Mentioned in this post
Auckland
Auckland
North Island, New Zealand
kuala lumpur
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Baby Pram

Hi there Scottigirl,

Thanks for your feedback:). DOn't want to spend too much on a pram- are there any secondhand shops selling baby prams/.

Thanks

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,982 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baby Pram

I don't know of any second hand stores that sell prams. Most second hand sales are done on Trade Me (like Ebay). The $49 ones would be about as cheap as you will get I think.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,982 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baby Pram

Another thought - are you staying in one area or arriving and returning to Auckland? There are some hire places where you could hire one for your stay.

hirethings.co.nz/asset/show/2625-backpack-pu…

Mentioned in this post
Auckland
Auckland
kuala lumpur
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Baby Pram

Dear Scotygirl,

Thanks loads for your kind input- which are so useful to us.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,485 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Baby Pram

$49 is pretty cheap for a pushchair/stroller(you don't want a pram for a 3yo) I purchased a very good condition pushchair on TradeMe for $30 but you would struggle getting one off TM unless you question the seller to find out where they are and if they are prepared to wait until you arrive to pay and collect it. You'd need to know where they are located and let them know you are arriving from overseas before winning the auction. A 2nd hand baby gear store would be the best bet, I don't know where in Auckland but there will be some or you could try The Warehouse(they are evrywhere), they have one on special at the moment for $42

Copy & paste this link to view-

http://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/TWL-B2C-Site/en_NZ/-/NZD/ViewSortFilterBy-Dispatch?Pipeline=ViewSearch-SimpleSearch&SearchString=9312541723029%7C9312541726112&SearchRange=Entire+Site&DisplayMode=Product&FilterID=&FilterID2=&FilterID3=&SortAttributeDirection=SoldOnline_desc&SortAndFilter.x=20&SortAndFilter.y=8

Edited: 09 November 2010, 05:09
Mentioned in this post
Auckland
Auckland
8. Re: Baby Pram

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2011, 05:17