We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Te Atatu peninsula

Ireland
Level Contributor
16 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Te Atatu peninsula

Hi,

have to go visit relatives in Te Atatu Peninsula but need a place to stay. Are there any hotels nearby or on the peninsula that you know of. Also is it advisable to hire a car in the airport or is it easy to get around in this area on public transport

Many thanks

Madeleine

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Te Atatu peninsula

Hi

I am unaware of any accommodation providers on the Te Atatu Peninsula which is a mainly residential area.

There are several motels in nearby Henderson.

The Quality Hotel Lincoln Green in Henderson would be worth a look:

www.lincolngreen.co.nz

If you wanted to be out of the city but not too far away then you may wish to consider the Kumeu area which is about 20kms (12 miles) from the peninsula.

www.kumeuwinecountry.co.nz

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,168 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Te Atatu peninsula

I used to live on the Penninsula many years ago and too my knowledge there are still no motels in the area but there is one just on the western side of the motorway, It is the Sunset Lodge Motel. When I was last there it was very basic but clean and tidy

http://www.sunsetlodgemotel.co.nz/

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Te Atatu peninsula

Public transport in this area is available but very limited and it will depend whee your relatives live and where you stay.

Lincoln Green would be the best option for a motel/hotel in the area, but not on the peninsular.

A car, from the airport would be a great idea, there is so much to see and do out West.

Ireland
Level Contributor
16 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Te Atatu peninsula

Thanks a mill for your responses, have spent a good few hours looking for information to no avail and really appreciate you takign the time to respond.

Looks like Lincoln Green is my best bet alongside a car.

Again thanks!

Dunedin, New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Dunedin
Level Contributor
2,578 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Te Atatu peninsula

We had a family wedding in West Auckland recently - tried the Lincoln Green and really didn't like their attitude. Ended up staying round the corner at the AK West Motel - cheaper and friendlier to deal with. Check them out on http://www.akwest.co.nz. In the meantime, a Quest apartment has opened in Henderson, which is also worth looking at - and cheaper than the Lincoln Green: travelbug.co.nz/search/…

But with a car, you'd not be confined to the Lincoln Road area anyway. Te Atatu is only a few minutes from central Auckland, except during peak traffic.

Ireland
Level Contributor
16 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Te Atatu peninsula

Saw your message and will heed it, will try other locations as possibilities, many thanks

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
6,026 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Te Atatu peninsula

Have stayed at the Sunset Motor Lodge.

No problem.

8. Re: Te Atatu peninsula

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 09:21
Get answers to your questions about Auckland Central