We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waitomo caves - rotorua

Which Auckland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
BSB
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Waitomo caves - rotorua

I have bought my flexi pass according to the hours that i have planned. But after a few days later. I have booked all my journey and got no problem at all. Until i tried to book the route from waitomo caves to rotorua. The intercity buses was not available. I have booked and plan everything includes hotel and date i would be travelling. I dont want just because there's no transportation from waitomo to rotorua on that specific day (13th of july 2011/wed), i have to change every bookings that i made.

My question is what are other transportation option going from waitomo to rotorua. The budget ones. Thank you.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,310 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waitomo caves - rotorua

There are not too many transport options from Waitomo to Rotorua as you've found out. Waitomo is just a small settlement out in the country. Most people visiting the caves either drive themselves or come by tour bus, which are usually one day return trips. Maybe you could chance your itinerary and stay an extra night in Rotorua, then use one of your days there to do a return trip to Waitomo. There are a few companies that operate day trips from Rotorua. Or perhaps one of those companies will allow you to do a single Waitomo-Rotorua trip with them. Have a look at Waitomo Wanderers & Great Sights, two tour companies that may be able to help you.

http://www.waitomo.com/rotorua-waitomo.aspx

travelheadfirst.com/waitomo-wanderer/index.h…

Nakes Bus do a Waitomo to Rotorua trip only on a Friday, maybe if you can't work something out you can change your itinerary to work in with that.

2. Re: Waitomo caves - rotorua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 20:16