We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Half day hotel rates (arrive 5am in the morning)

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
146 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Half day hotel rates (arrive 5am in the morning)

Is there any hotels/hostels in Auckland which will allow us to sleep during the day. Rather than pre block the night before

Plane lands at 5am - preblocking the night before may result in us having to check out at 10am (by the time we get to the accommodation it may be 6-7am) We have a mindite flight from Australia

We dont want to stay in Auckland at the start of oir trip. It works better with our itinerary to stay on the way home from NZ

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Auckland
Auckland
North Island, New Zealand
Australia
Australia
South Pacific
Hostels in Auckland Central
Verandahs Backpackers Lodge
Verandahs Backpackers Lodge
#1 of 133 Speciality lodging in Auckland Central
Bamber House Hostel
Bamber House Hostel
#2 of 133 Speciality lodging in Auckland Central
Haka Lodge Auckland
Haka Lodge Auckland
#4 of 133 Speciality lodging in Auckland Central
NZ
Level Contributor
40 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Half day hotel rates (arrive 5am in the morning)

Have you tried contacting the new Novotel Airport Hotel. It is straight outside the International terminal - you litterally just cross the drop off area.

I imagine they would deal with this sort of booking all the time, afterall the hotel was built exactly for this purpose.

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
146 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Half day hotel rates (arrive 5am in the morning)

Yes Thank you, just emailed them

Just have, see what they say? BEing 'brand new' attracted me.

As budget hotels may not be the cleanest

We only need basiclly 5-6 hours sleep, before we are on our way

Thanks again

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
37,868 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Half day hotel rates (arrive 5am in the morning)

I think the short answer is NO! Basically hotels work on a midday (or 2pm) to 10 am rotation. I don't think it would be wise to start driving a long way on your first day after the flight from WA. You really have only 2 choices - book the hotel for the previous night & have a short sleep before heading off (not too far) or book it for the next night and explain the problem to the hotel when booking . Assuming it is after 7 am when you arrive, leave luggage & go for a walk & breakfast & hope your hotel can let you in early (entirely dependent on the check-out time of the previous guests).

NZ
Level Contributor
40 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Half day hotel rates (arrive 5am in the morning)

That's not quite correct - there are 24 hour check in and out Hotels and the airport Hotels do cater for this. I have used them world wide with no problems

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Half day hotel rates (arrive 5am in the morning)

Where are you staying the first night in New Zealand???

If it is not too far from the airport they may let you check in early.

Many of the bed and breakfasts do.

I do not know of any motels at the Auckland airport other than the new one that will let you check in at say 7 am and out at 4 pm, then where are you going????

Mentioned in this post
New Zealand
New Zealand
South Pacific
Auckland
Auckland
North Island, New Zealand
Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,648 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Half day hotel rates (arrive 5am in the morning)

There is at least a couple of airport Hotel that I know of that offers day rooms -

aucklandairportlodge.co.nz/accommodation.htm

http://airportgatewayhotel.co.nz/

I think the day room rates normally are for 10am-5pm, but you need to check exact details with the hotels direct

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,648 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Half day hotel rates (arrive 5am in the morning)

Just checked Novotel - you can book a 'day use only' room online that you can use from 6am to 6pm. price is $135 for this type of room.

The Airport Gateway Hotel that I mentionned above will be more basic and a 5 minute free shuttle bus ride away, but they only charge about $55 for a day room.

Mentioned in this post
Airport Gateway Hotel
Airport Gateway Hotel
558 Reviews
Mangere, New Zealand
Perth Australia
Level Contributor
146 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Half day hotel rates (arrive 5am in the morning)

Thanks everyone. FYI

Yes the Novetel allows you to check in from 6am - a good time for us at approx $130.

But then I looked up b&b and the No1 rated b&b at the airport is airport b & b

And I have just had a reply from them

They are happy for me to book a room from 5.30am to 12.30 for $70 all inclusive of taxes AND breakfast. And she would of picked us up form the airport - but we have a car!

I just love TA! Thanks again

9. Re: Half day hotel rates (arrive 5am in the morning)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 17:19