We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airbus Express or Super Shuttle

Which Auckland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
691 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Airbus Express or Super Shuttle

Airbus Express is $32 for 2 people & Super Shuttle is $41. Seems like the shuttle would be more convenient for the extra $9 to the Skycity Grand. Is the shuttle reliable? Would it make a lot of stops?

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airbus Express or Super Shuttle

If you take the AIRBUS you will have a short walk from the nearest stop to your hotel.

If you take the Super Shuttle they will drop you right at the door, so probably worth the extra $9 for the convenience as you say - the Super Shuttle is reliable, it might make a couple of stops on the way to where you are going, but you might be the 1st stop aswell. It certainly won't be any worse than the AIRBUS from that point of view, and probably better.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
691 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airbus Express or Super Shuttle

Having never been to New Zealand what's the policy on tipping as related to either Airbus or Super Shuttle?

New Zealand
Level Contributor
2,089 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airbus Express or Super Shuttle

No tipping as you are buying a 'ticket to ride'.

In a cab I normally round the cab fare up as the tip -although this depends on how good the driver was!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airbus Express or Super Shuttle

Yes. Super shuttle provides door to door service. Don't think Airbus comes that close to Skycity.

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,832 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airbus Express or Super Shuttle

Airport bus drops at Queen st, so just a short walk, but it is uphill:)

australia
Destination Expert
for New South Wales, Noosa
Level Contributor
3,258 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airbus Express or Super Shuttle

one thought - I use Airport Express they run to a schedule - usually on time.

if you book Super Shuttle from city to airport, you have to allow some extra time in case there are additional stops after your pickup - or feel comfortable they may arrive at your hotel a few minutes later than booked, if they are slow collecting others ahead of you.

Of course on arrival for a city transfer thats not relevant., though again you know exactly what time AE should be departing the airport - I have got on AE, and as leaving the airport seen a shuttle I might have used still awaiting passengers.

Edited: 02 September 2011, 10:48
NZ
Level Contributor
69 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airbus Express or Super Shuttle

Hi there, tipping in this country is kind of ... er unheard of , so if you did tip, expect a really happy camper! And also, I on the other hand am travelling to USA in Oct. cant get my head around tipping everyone!!!! AAARRRGGGHHH

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
691 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airbus Express or Super Shuttle

Tipping in the US is a pain in the butt!

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
716 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airbus Express or Super Shuttle

I've taken both. You could take the door to door shuttle upon arrival in Auckland (you'll be tired) and then walk (down hill) to catch the AirBus on your return to AKL.

My last shuttle ride was early in the morning (SFO-AKL flight) and I was the last stop (over the bridge to my B&B). It was a nice orientation to see the hotels and city when people got dropped off.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
691 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airbus Express or Super Shuttle

Will only need a one way trip - taking a cruise from Auckland to Sydney