We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help with golf

Which Auckland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
mumbai
Level Contributor
185 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
help with golf

Hi

We will be based in Auckland CBD for 3 nights before flying to queenstown. My husband is keen to play golf and I see some beautiful courses around. However we do not plan to hire a car while in Auckland. What are our best options for golfing using public transport. I have been trying to figure it out using the maxx website but am quite unsure about how far the buss will leave us from the club house. He will hire clubs at the course.

Please advice

thanks

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help with golf

Hi

I wonder which courses you are thinking about. One option would be to get as close as possible using public transport and then get a taxi. For example Titirangi Golf Course is only a short taxi ride from the railway station in New Lynn.

I would suggest using Auckland Coop Taxis which is a reputable company. You can call them on 300 3000.

mumbai
Level Contributor
185 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help with golf

Thanks, will look into it. It seems like an excellent course, have you played it?

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,429 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help with golf

If you are staying in the city, Chamberlain Park is the nearest and the bus goes right past.

Titirangi is a nice course, but if you are not a good player take plenty of spare balls with you.

Edited: 17 October 2011, 10:03
mumbai
Level Contributor
185 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help with golf

Titirangi sounds more challenging. Thanks for the adivice

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help with golf

In response to your earlier question I am not a golfer and have not played at Titirangi. It is an attractive course and is often used for championships as another course in Auckland - The Grange www.grangegolfclub.co.nz I have played there once and again it is a very attractive course.

mumbai
Level Contributor
185 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: help with golf

Thanks lone Kuari. Will write about our trip once we are back...

7. Re: help with golf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 04:19