We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cafe with sea views

Which Auckland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Zealand
Level Contributor
709 posts
158 reviews
Save Topic
cafe with sea views

where in auckland can you sit in a cafe and have breakfast and have sea views - cafe close to the water

Auckland
Level Contributor
242 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cafe with sea views

The Viaduct Harbour has an array of cafe/restaurants. The Ferry building and by the Maritime Museum also have some smaller cafes.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
709 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cafe with sea views

What about the North Shore

Auckland
Level Contributor
242 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cafe with sea views

...that's right, and Devonport too!!

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cafe with sea views

My choice would be Mission Bay - the best spot is the top fllor balcony of De Fontein, they are open for breakfast at weekends, but otherwise there are lots of other cafes along the Mission Bay 'strip'

I don't rate the Viaduct for good views - it is by the water though.

2 great places for lunch with awesome views are Harbourside restaurant in the top of the ferry building, and Mikano Restaurant at Mechanics Bay

Auckland
Level Contributor
242 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cafe with sea views

well it does depend on where this person is, or can get to with ease...(they haven't exactly stated this; Auckland is a big place). I certainly would not like to travel very far just for breakfast!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
709 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cafe with sea views

i did say what about the north shore

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
13 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cafe with sea views

Re: North Shore........... head to Tides cafe and restaurant on Beach Rd, Waiake - between Browns Bay and Torbay - absolutely gorgeous.

8. Re: cafe with sea views

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2013, 09:26