We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Central hotel

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
70 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Central hotel

We will be in Auckland for 2 nighs in late June ?

Can you recommend a central,hotel were we can walk to sights,shopping and Restaurants

Thank you

Edited: 02 February 2012, 03:41
Vulcan Lane
Shopping Malls, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Otara Market
Flea & Street Markets
Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,648 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Central hotel

It depends to a great extent on your budget and also if you want a hotel with full facilities or a serviced apartment.

A lot of the mid range accommodation options in Auckland (NZ$100-200) are serviced apartment style, but offer great value and a lot are centrally located.

Just to mention a few possible ones - Quest on Queen, Oaks residences (I stay), Waldorf Celestion, Elliot Hotel....

Then there are some very good mid range hotels with full facilities such as the Heritage, Sky City, Copthorne harbour City.....

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
70 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Central hotel

Thanks for your reply.

Hotel or apartment would do. As long as it's central and quiet.

Mid range perfect.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
70 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Central hotel

Can get a really good rate at the pullman.

Would would you recommend it and is it central?

Thanks one again

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
15,163 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Central hotel

Hi franey,

My first thought was that the Pullman is located up the hill from Queen Street, which will be easy enough (although steep) going down hill to the main throughfare (Q St) and harbour, but a hike to get back uphill.

However, I think the inner city circuit bus than runs every 10 minutes during peak hours stops fairly close to the hotel. Or there may even be a curtesy coach that runs guests downtown? Otherwise this hotel has long been a favourite of mine being handy to the university, lovely old Government house, Albert Park and the Auckland Art Gallery a short stroll away. It has good city/harbour views from the upper levels.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Central hotel

I would not regard the Pullman as being Auckland central for sightseeing etc. The hill, in my opinion is a killer.

But it maybe quieter. Anything central to Auckland maybe noisy, you are in a city after all.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Central hotel

Yes, the hill to the Pullman is quite a hill. I would suggest The Sebel Suites. They are in the viaduct area and very close to Britomart for trains and buses. The Copthorne on Quay St is also in a great location, although I haven't stayed there myself. From memory City Life Hotel was great value.

7. Re: Central hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2013, 10:24