We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

waterfront hotels

Which Auckland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Malmesbury, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
248 reviews
Save Topic
waterfront hotels

I have a 24 hr stop over in Auckland with the wife, any ideas on a nice waterfront hotel for October

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland
Level Contributor
12,850 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: waterfront hotels

The website www.wotif.com is useful to checking locations and indicative prices. Auckland CBD accommodation includes hotels located around the city centre. Or, are you more interested in suburban accommodation near a beach - for example Takapuna, Devonport, or similar area?

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: waterfront hotels

The closest hotel to the waterfront is the Hilton which is located right on Princes Wharf. Be aware that if there is a cruise ship tied up at the wharf views can be obscured.

Arizona
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: waterfront hotels

Here's what I scanned for cruise ships to check if the Hilton would work for me this coming October:

http://www.poal.co.nz/cruise_ships/cruise.asp

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,741 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: waterfront hotels

Higher floors at Quay West have nice water views too.

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,850 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: waterfront hotels

Same too with the Copthorne Harbourside - the upper levels have the best views.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
17,513 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: waterfront hotels

Another vote for the Hilton! We stay there whenever we are in Auckland. We never want to go out for dinner because sitting out on the balcony looking out over the Harbour with a wine and some niibbles is such a joy! Rooms are huge too.

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
175 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: waterfront hotels

I can also vouch for the Hilton - the rooms are very nice and the restaurant and bar are great.

I haven't stayed at the Copthorne but the outside looks very tired and I would be surprised if it is anythign above a 3 star standard.

The Sebel is another good option although you may get some night time noise from bars and restaurants.

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,850 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: waterfront hotels

The Copthorne has a 4 star Qualmark rating. It continues to offer good value, and its location close to downtown and the Viaduct is convenient. Not in the same class as the Hilton, but as a hotel with harbour views it's fine.

9. Re: waterfront hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 19:55