We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Auckland- 3 days in April

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
1 post
38 reviews
Save Topic
First time in Auckland- 3 days in April

Where should I stay and any suggested itinerary? ? I'll be on my own and I don't want to hire a car. Ideally, I'd like a nice B&B with a host to point me in the right direction- and within walking distance of transportation and fun things to do.

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland
Level Contributor
13,360 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Auckland- 3 days in April

Some of the suburbs immediately beyond the CBD may appeal - Parnell, Ponsonby, Mt Eden, and Devonport. All these have access to good transport services. There are shops, restaurants, and neat things to see and enjoy in each of these urban-villages.

2. Re: First time in Auckland- 3 days in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 23:35
UK
Level Contributor
427 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in Auckland- 3 days in April

I can highly recommend the Peace and Plenty Guest House in Devonport (http://www.peaceandplenty.co.nz). It is a superb guest house, just check out the Tripadvisor reviews to see why. The host is incredibly friendly and helpful, she is justifiably very proud of her establishment and wants all her guests to have a great stay. She can book day trips for you if you like and is happy to advise you on what there is to do in Auckland.

We found Devonport an ideal base, busy enough to be interesting, but a peaceful haven away from the city centre - also great to be able to view the downtown skyline from here.

It's only a 10 min very enjoyable ferry ride to Auckland marina in the heart of downtown. Ferries depart every 15-30 mins. The guest house is a two minute walk from the ferry.

Hope that helps, enjoy your trip

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
13 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time in Auckland- 3 days in April

I would agree that Devonport is a good base for a short break in AKL. Any of the quaint little B&Bs in the streets leading from the waterfront would be good.

5. Re: First time in Auckland- 3 days in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 09:17