We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which one will you choose?

Which Auckland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
114 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Which one will you choose?

Hi all,

I have a hard time to choose between these 3 hotels even after reading the review. Maybe you can help here???

Which one will be your pick? Please rant them # 1 #2 #3

Looking for the one which is:

Easy access to airport bus stop (we have 2 suitcases)

Not too noisy at night for sleeping (no nightclub noise all night long)

Good and not expensive restaurants around

clean and not too run down'

Free luggages storage

Many thanks!

Wanaka, New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which one will you choose?

Which 3 hotels are you referring to?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
114 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which one will you choose?

Oh so sorry....

Rydges Hotel Auckland

Mercure Auckland

Mercure Windsor Hotel

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
38 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which one will you choose?

Mercure Auckland is right next to the bus terminal called britomart. also the trains leave from there. can say ask for a room sea facing to avoid main road noise if any. would not recommend their restaurant at the top called vue. you have many food options staying right at downtown.

P.S: i have not stayed there, but this is based on yr options. have dined at the restaurant.

enjoy yr trip.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which one will you choose?

Both Mercure hotels are on Queen street, very noisy. And the area behind them have night clubs and pubs. I stayed in Quest on Queen, right beside Mercure Windsor - noisy but both of them are very centrally located, near pubs, transport, and shops! Rydges is on a side street, nothing right beside it, but you can easily walk to Queen or Victoria. I have stayed here as well, very quiet compared to the Queen street location. Decent rooms, caters to business people.

5. Re: Which one will you choose?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 23:35
Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,831 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which one will you choose?

Why those 3? Rendezvous has very competitive prices and quieter rooms.

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
41 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which one will you choose?

i'd go for rydges!

stayed there 3 times and had quiet night's sleep in good beds.

handy location with st patrick's square, (lovely church), sky city and good restaurants and bars in federal st, plus easy walk downhill to waterfront .

Auckland
Level Contributor
493 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which one will you choose?

Of the three Rydges will be the quietest but furthest from the main drag in Auckland, if you are there during the working week there can be some unusual characters around as it is opposite the District Court building.

Have you considered CityLife?

Dunedin, New Zealand
Level Contributor
533 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which one will you choose?

My favourite is Quest on Eden., part of the Quest franchise. It is only a few minutes walk out of the city area but in a much quieter area. Mostly residential apartment buildings. Also close to Auckland University. Good views over the harbour and port.

I have always had excellent service from the staff. Self catered apartments each with their own washer/dryer/kitchen/fridge etc. Additional charges for parking though. 24/7 gym available but not on premises (5 minutes walk away) Good access to local bus network. Secured afterhours access.

10. Re: Which one will you choose?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 00:16