We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night time stopover at Auckland International

Which Auckland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Topic
Night time stopover at Auckland International

Hi,

I've read some of the posts of travellers stopping over at Auckland Airport for a few hours before heading off again on the next leg of their journey. Unfortunately these posts i've been finding suggest activities for travellers who can go and see Auckland during the day time.

We arrive at 12:55am Saturday into Auckland and leave again 6 hours later at 6:55am.

What would one suggest we (3 of us) do for those few hours in the Auckland dark? We wouldn't mind laying down for a few hours and kind of refreshing before heading on hehe

I googled a hotel / some sort of accommodation a few days ago, and they offered a kind of day room (or some very short stay room) for about $30-40. But I can't for the life of me find it again!! Any one know of any of these near by to the airport? Novotel at the airport have "refresh rooms", but I believe they only run 6am to 6pm, and I have no idea of the cost.. I liked the idea of $30-40.

Thanks.

Mike.

Broadford, Australia
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night time stopover at Auckland International

If you are using your home computer, can you not check the history to find the site again? Ctrl-H will do it in most web browsers.

The Formule 1 at the airport is cheap, clean but basic. Their site accorhotels.com/gb/…index.shtml offers rooms from AUD$38 per night,

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Night time stopover at Auckland International

Thanks for your reply Unclefey.. I did have a check of my history when I was trying to find the site again, but had no luck (hope I'm not imagining things).. I'm so sure I just typed in Auckland Airport Hotels and clicked the first thing I found, and on there I saw the short stay room. I didn't pursue it at that point because we didn't even have flights booked at the stage so it was all up in the air so to speak.. Anyway, learnt my lesson to bookmark everything that looks good..

I did check out Formule 1, and it's probably the best viable option for us at this stage. A room for 3 costs about $65 AUD..

Wish I could find that other site..

Thanks again for your help!! Much appreciated.

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night time stopover at Auckland International

I don't think there is anywhere that offers a day room (short stay) for the hours you need - there are quite a few places that have day rooms, but only during the day (ie 10am-6pm)

I would agree that Formule One is your best option as its very close to the airport, cheap, and the rooms are good (like any Formule one, the rooms are small but well set up).

They have budget rooms from NZ$49

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
399 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Night time stopover at Auckland International

The Novotel is at the airport, in the carpark. There is nowhere else closer and more convenient

5. Re: Night time stopover at Auckland International

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2013, 07:15