We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The City Center

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Topic
The City Center

Whenever I look at forums for things to do in Auckland, it gives me the sky tower and then a lot of things outside of the center. What else is there to do in the center other than the skytower (no necessarily touristy things)?

1. Re: The City Center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 00:05
Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The City Center

The Viaduct Harbour & Wynyard Quarter are really nice to wander round

Newly re-furbished Victoria Park Market area is also great for cafes and shops

Britomart precinct also excellent for cafes and restaurants

Museum and Auckland Domain are well worth a visit

Ferry over to Devonport

Very good cinema complex and foodcourt at Aotea Square

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The City Center

thanks, thats great. i wasnt looking for anything specific

Edited: 20 October 2012, 23:21
Auckland
Level Contributor
242 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The City Center

Yes, that's the city *centre*, but Auckland sprawls for miles! If you have time (and interest) getting outside the city you'll find Auckland has even more on offer. Auckland has be named Australasia's top destination at the 2012 World Travel Awards.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
5,461 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The City Center

I'd add the Auckland Art Gallery, which has recently been refurbished and has some excellent New Zealand and international exhibits.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
35,261 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The City Center

If you are there in a weekend there are a couple of excellent foodie markets: one behind the Museum and the other , La Cigalle (?) in Parnell.

7. Re: The City Center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Auckland Central