We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast near Best Western Presidents Hotel

us
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Topic
Breakfast near Best Western Presidents Hotel

Can someone recommend an inexpensive place for breakfast near the Best Western on Victoria St in the CBD.

Also would love any suggestion for a place that has great flat white. I have only had it in an Kiwi owned cafe here in LA and love it. So I'm really looking forward to trying it inAuckland which I'm sure will be delicious.

Mentioned in this post
Kiwi International Hotel
Kiwi International Hotel
747 Reviews
Auckland Central, New Zealand
Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,648 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast near Best Western Presidents Hotel

There are some really good eateries around the Victoria Street, Elliot Street, Wellesley Street area.

Elliot stables (just along Elliot Street from your hotel) is a really nice little section of eateries in an historic building, with a couple of good breakfast cafes - every cafe in the whole of NZ serves flat whites so it would be very hard to suggest anywhere specific - just try a few !!

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,648 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast near Best Western Presidents Hotel

If you want a really big and inexpensive breakfast, then you could try 'Dennys' which is a sort of American style chain of breakfast diners, where you get big portions and good value............this is just round the corner from your hotel in Hobson St.

us
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast near Best Western Presidents Hotel

Oh I didn't realize Denny's opened up in Auckland.

Is there a place in Elliot Stable you can recommend? I would really love to try a traditional NZ breakfast (although I'm not sure what that consists of-lol).

Mentioned in this post
Auckland
Auckland
North Island, New Zealand
Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,648 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast near Best Western Presidents Hotel

Well, none of the places in Elliot Stables are really 'traditional NZ' - the French Creperie is great for breakfast though.....

Dunedin, New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Dunedin
Level Contributor
2,680 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast near Best Western Presidents Hotel

We have lots of breakfasts based on good old bacon and/or eggs plus various cereal products.

If it was me, I'd walk straight down Victoria Street, across Queen Street, up one block and turn left into Lorne Street - there is a brilliant cafe there called Sheinkin, They'll sort you out with a flat white and a great brekkie in a very pleasant atmos (although perhaps not the cheapest place in town).

There are also two good places for coffee up the other end of Elliot Street from where you'll be (just past the Elliot Stables) and round the corner on Wellesley Street - one is called McGregor Brothers. The other is down towards Queen Street, called Brave or Bravo or something like that.

Mentioned in this post
Queen Street
Queen Street
1,053 Reviews
New Zealand
Level Contributor
6,418 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast near Best Western Presidents Hotel

You don't say when you'll be in Auckland, but I believe the latest issue of Metro, which is a monthly magazine focussed on Auckland, lists the top 50 cafes in Auckland.

One place I really enjoyed on my last visit was a French cafe called L'Assiette, located in the Atrium building at Britomart which is not too far from Victoria Street. Best French Toast ever!

Mentioned in this post
Auckland
Auckland
Britomart
Britomart
172 Reviews
us
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakfast near Best Western Presidents Hotel

I'll be in Auckland fron Nov 19th-22nd. Thanks for all the great suggestions.

Mentioned in this post
Auckland
Auckland
8. Re: Breakfast near Best Western Presidents Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2013, 09:18