We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

place to stay in auckland

chch
1 post
Save Topic
place to stay in auckland

have looked at elliot hotel , quest on queen [booked out ] whats the next best thing [being close to the airbus PLEASE HELP

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: place to stay in auckland

I stayed at the Best Western President Hotel 2 months ago. It was cheap, clean and central to pretty much everything. The airport bus stop was a 5 minute walk.

Auckland
Level Contributor
242 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: place to stay in auckland

This also depends on your budget.

Here is a great map showing Auckland Hotels in relation to the city.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/LocalMaps-g255106-Auckland_Central-Area.html#02,1357340710885,mc:S-36.84483986887031|174.76326399734498,mz:-16,bc_restaurants:-1,bc_attractions:-1,map:-1

Edited: 07 January 2013, 18:57
Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: place to stay in auckland

If you want to be literally on the AIRBUS route (or within a minutes walk) then try....

COPTHORNE HARBOUR CITY

THE MERCURE

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
397 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: place to stay in auckland

The Copthorne Andy - really? Has it improved?

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
3 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: place to stay in auckland

The Mecure and Hotel De Brett are the best options

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: place to stay in auckland

Just to reply to travellingbuz... nothing wrong with the Copthorne as far as I know, for the price, and I was replying to the posters question which said she wanted to be on the AIRBUS route...

Have you had a bad experience at the Copthorne ?? or are you thinking of the 'old' Copthorne on Anzac Avenue ??

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
32,563 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: place to stay in auckland

I've also recommended the Copthorne Harbour a few times since a very positive experience there a few months ago. Great location, WOTIF packages include free breakfast which is fine.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
397 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: place to stay in auckland

Hi Andy. I've never stayed there (if I stay overnight in town it's usually Rydges or Heritage). I agree...very close to Airbus route. And yes Anzac Ave Copthorne is an absolute no go zone. I've heard the Downtown one is very tired, tiny rooms and paper thin walls. No direct knowledge but I know we have better in Auckland.

9. Re: place to stay in auckland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2013, 01:56
Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: place to stay in auckland

Hey Naked bus - I think you might have forgotten that TA is meant for impartial advise not blatant advertising