We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekly Train Tkts

wigan
Level Contributor
139 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Weekly Train Tkts

Can you buy a weekly train ticket for the journey between Henderson and Morningside. I'll be travelling the return trip for the cricket at Eden Park. Or is Kingsland the nearest? I'll be staying in the Henderson area.

Also,when i arrive in Auk,i intend to use the Skybus,via Britomart to get to Henderson,will it be possible to buy a return ticket,even though i'll be in Auk for 9 nts,or buy singles?

Thanks in advance.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
212 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekly Train Tkts

The Airbus has return tickets. Never heard of skybus.

You can buy a monthly pass for about $100. See myhop.co.nz and maxx.co.nz for more info.

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekly Train Tkts

You can use either Morningside or Kingsland stations for Eden park, I have always used Kingsland, and it is slightly closer, it also has a great pub (The Kingslander) right next to the station.....

I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to the question on weekly passes etc.. it should tell you on the Maxx website though (www.maxx.co.nz)

I just hope that NZ batsmen manage to find some form by then - England's seam attack is equally as threatening as SA's, so we could be in for a very hard time !!

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
221 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekly Train Tkts

Concession tickets on the trains are available if you have an AT hop card. However these are only available from four railway stations (Not including Henderson) they cost $10 on initial purchase. Then you have to load it with more cash to actually use it. Since you are here only for a week it may be just as cost effective to buy a return ticket each day from the machine at the railway station. You have to have bought a ticket before you get on the train. If you travel without a ticket (and you cannot buy one on board) you may be charged the default fare when you get off, $10:30.

As the Airbus you are taking from the airport is terminating at the ferry terminal/Britomart you can purchase an AT Hop card there should you wish to use one.

Please note that there is a difference between AT Hop cards and Hop cards. The former can be used on trains and ferries the latter is for buses. The local transport authorities have only been working on an aligned ticketing system for 10 years so do not expect them to be aligned by the time you get here, or even by the time England next tour here.

To be honest buying an extended length ticket or concession ticket is a sign of extreme optimism given the way NZ are playing at the moment. A day return should be sufficient given the Black Caps current test performance.

As Andychef noted, Kingsland is the closest station, three minute walk from there to Eden Park. The noted bonus of pubs (Kingslander, Bond Street, Neighbourhood to name a few) being next door to the station being even better.

wigan
Level Contributor
139 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekly Train Tkts

Sorry about the Skybus malarkey,i must have been thinking of Melbourne.:)

Thanks for your replies,much appreciated.

Edited: 14 January 2013, 15:18
5. Re: Weekly Train Tkts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2014, 06:17