We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Luggage Storage 1 Day near Auckland Ferry Terminal

Nambucca Heads
Level Contributor
3 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Need Luggage Storage 1 Day near Auckland Ferry Terminal

We will be disembarking from a cruise at Princes Wharf on Saturday 16 November 2013 and require luggage storage for the day. Will do the Hop-On Hop-Off bus trip during the day and leave from the Ferry terminal about 4pm to catch an international flight to Sydney.

Any suggestions please.

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,648 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Luggage Storage 1 Day near Auckland Ferry Terminal

My understanding is that the Princes Wharf I-site (visitor information centre) will store luggage. This is right next to where you get off the cruise.

Auckland
Level Contributor
242 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Luggage Storage 1 Day near Auckland Ferry Terminal

(Check whether the i-SITE still does this!?)

Britomart Rail Centre [5 mins away from the Ferry Terminal] has coin operated lockers...(though few and far between!!! 33x small, at $1 per hour, then .50c for every hour there after up to 18 hours...12x large, at $2 per hour, then $1 for every hour there after up to 13 hours).

But you could spend your whole day doing heaps of activities in the Auckland surrounds. You may even find an experienced tour operator to host you for the day (and carry your luggage with you on the tour!) then drop you off at the Airport at the end of the tour. This would certainly save on having to go back into the city to retrieve your bags and get a transfer onto the Airport.

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,648 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Luggage Storage 1 Day near Auckland Ferry Terminal

This is directly from an email I received from the i-site at Princes Wharf today:

We have luggage storage at our Princess Wharf i-Site between 8.30am & 5pm. The rates are $5 per bag for 4 hours & $10 for the day to 5pm. We don’t take bookings for this service.

If this doesn’t suit the Britomart Travel Centre in nearby Queen St has 24 hr storage at $10 per bag for small bags & $15 for a large one up to 80x40x90cms. This is on the train level & there is a lift & escalator.

Nambucca Heads
Level Contributor
3 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Luggage Storage 1 Day near Auckland Ferry Terminal

A big thank you to all who replied to my query. If we are unlucky with the i-Site we will be off to Britomart Travel Centre. I am sure we will be able to store our luggage somewhere for the day.

Many thanks.

5. Re: Need Luggage Storage 1 Day near Auckland Ferry Terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2014, 05:16