We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Auckland Mountain biking and more

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
282 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Auckland Mountain biking and more

Hi!!!

We have a 2 day layover in auckland on our way to Cook islands and we wanted to do something Fun!!! We 've already been in auckland before so this time our 7 year old boy said he wants to do something fun like mountain biking or something with speed :)

so I was wondering if there is any type of downhill mountain bike ride for adults and kids, and also some other adrenaline fun but suitable for the little ones - we did luge and jet boat last time we were there when he was 5 and he loved it!!!

I would appreciate any recommendations. I cannot do roller coasters (feel sick) so I am not looking for any type of bungee jumping - roller coaster fun..more fast ride with boat, mountain bike downhill kind of thing....

please let me know if you have any ideas ....even outside of my thinking box :)

Auckland
Level Contributor
242 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Auckland Mountain biking and more

Hi, You can bungee jump off the Sky Tower and also off the Auckland Harbour Bridge, though I think there might be age / height restrictions for children wanting to do this activity!

The "home" for mountain biking in Auckland is in the Woodhill Forest (about 40 mins drive from downtown). The website www.bikeparks.co.nz/ may be of some help. There's also the new activity on Waiheke Island www.ecozip.co.nz which might be interesting too.

Hope you enjoy all the fun-times!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
127 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Auckland Mountain biking and more

I stumbled across ecozip too...think it would be an awesome day out to the island pending transport/trsfrs on the island from ferry terminal

http://www.ecozipadventures.co.nz/

3. Re: Auckland Mountain biking and more

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2014, 05:16