We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price of Taxi to Skycity Hotel

Which Auckland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Alberta
Level Contributor
297 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Price of Taxi to Skycity Hotel

I am wondering what the most accurate price is for a cab ride from the airport to Skycity hotel in Auckland. If there is a bus that is available does it deliver right to Skycity, as the flight is getting in at 5 am.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Tootsiegirl

1. Re: Price of Taxi to Skycity Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 June 2015, 16:35
Taupo, New Zealand
Level Contributor
28 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Price of Taxi to Skycity Hotel

Try taxi.co.nz for prepaid choices with reputable operators. This site is run by Air NZ, and I've found it safe and reliable, and often cheaper than the meter. The fancier options (Regency or Corporate) offer a more 'chauffeured' style, plus extra legroom if your party includes tall folks.

The Airbus Express at airbus.co.nz is a decent city bus style service, but does not deliver directly to SkyCity.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Price of Taxi to Skycity Hotel

Thanks for posting those sites ddnz! I just booked a shared shuttle for my flight. Only $35 and I'm getting dropped to my hotel. Glad to have found this as the taxis are too expensive on my own, but I felt unsafe walking late at night alone too. Thanks (and sorry for hijacking the post).

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Price of Taxi to Skycity Hotel

I just returned from NZ last week and we paid $40 NZ to and from the airport by booking ahead with Discount Taxi and paying cash - thanks for the tip AndyChef! They were specific about exactly where to meet them at the airport and when we arrived the first morning of our visit, the cab was waiting for us as promised. We used them multiple times (we did a couple of domestic flights in and out of Auckland) and we found them to be reliable. They use slightly older model cars/vans but every vehicle was clean and every driver helpful and pleasant.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
83 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Price of Taxi to Skycity Hotel

Can you book this "discount taxi" from the states to pick you up upon arrival in aukland and take you to your hotel. How does that work?

6. Re: Price of Taxi to Skycity Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2015, 07:20