We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle v Taxi from airport?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,875 posts
389 reviews
Save Topic
Shuttle v Taxi from airport?

Hi people

Just wondering whether there would be much price difference for three people between a shuttle and a taxi from the airport to Waldorf Stadium Apartments in Beach Road. Not arriving until 10.30pm.

If the shuttle is the go, would we need to book in advance? And how circuitous is the trip?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle v Taxi from airport?

A taxi into Auckland CBD is around $50 with light traffic. If you all fit in the one car with luggage, you should be right to budget that... a shuttle can be a hassle as if it is just a seat in vehicle, you may need to wait until the van is full, and you may need to go a long round about way to your drop off point.

Shuttles are around $20pp each way

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,648 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle v Taxi from airport?

Taxi will be by far the easiest, and no significant price difference between a taxi and a shuttle for 3 people.

So just jump in a taxi, and expect it to be around $60 I would say at that time of day.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,875 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttle v Taxi from airport?

Thanks folks, taxi it is!

Wellington, NZ
Destination Expert
for Wellington
Level Contributor
2,340 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shuttle v Taxi from airport?

I've recently paid around $75 for a taxi from the airport to the CBD, but that was during the day.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,875 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shuttle v Taxi from airport?

Ended up taking a taxi, cost me $60, only because I told the driver I wouldn't pay any more after he got lost looking for Beach Road!

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,213 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shuttle v Taxi from airport?

Discount taxis are the best bet…ask for a large taxi if you have luggage…fixed rate , no more than $40:)

09 529 1000

7. Re: Shuttle v Taxi from airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2014, 06:19