We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kid friendly New Year's Eve activities?

Brisbane...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Kid friendly New Year's Eve activities?

Hey we will be spending New Year's Eve in Auckland, we have 2 children aged 5 & 13. We'd like to spend part of the night somewhere were we can have 1 or 2 drinks, but not be in among the party goers. Any ideas? Or if it's even possible? Does Auckland have an earlier fireworks display for the kids?

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
12 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kid friendly New Year's Eve activities?

I'm from Auckland and am wondering the same thing. You could head to misson bay for an early meal. Sadly fireworks are at midnight and let off from the sky tower. Mt Eden,is a beautiful place to watch the fireworks.

Good luck I think I will be heading across the ditch next years for New Years.

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
15,623 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kid friendly New Year's Eve activities?

I agree with Mark, Mission Bay is a great choice with children in mind. Some very good cafes and the beach reserve directly opposite with its children's playground, grassed area, fountain and pretty beach is popular.

Two other areas to consider are Devonport - catch the ferry across harbour, or Takapuna on the Shore also.

3. Re: Kid friendly New Year's Eve activities?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2014, 06:18