We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend in Auckland downtown

Seremban District...
Level Contributor
12 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Weekend in Auckland downtown

Good day TA, we planning to spend our weekend & will be staying in Freemans lodge at Wellington St,Freemans bay. Besides Devenport and Mission bay,could you suggest some must-not-missed? Maybe place to do some shopping for souvenirs & for food!!

From Wellington St would it be doable to travel by link bus & foot? If possible we would like to visit places that is reachable by bus/by foot

Auckland
Level Contributor
242 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend in Auckland downtown

Good day Zest Z! This website may be of assistance http://www.maxx.co.nz/ where you can find buses to get you to different places. Parnell is a great little street where there are lots of boutique shops and cafes. Also, don't rule out things further afield, as Auckland is a not only city, but beautiful coast and countryside as well.

The post; tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255106-i404-k7150… may also be of interest, as it discusses 'Best place to buy souvenirs'

Have a nice time in Auckland!'

Edited: 27 January 2014, 19:02
Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend in Auckland downtown

From where you are staying, it is easy enough to walk down into the main central part of the city. From Freemans Lodge to the city is mostly downhill, so an easy and nice walk. From the CBD back to the hotel is a bit of a slog as its all uphill.

City Link bus goes to Pitt St, which is fairly near your hotel.

Seremban District...
Level Contributor
12 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekend in Auckland downtown

Thanks Donna for a great link of maxxx.co.nz , I also found an apps for that!*even the apps can only be used in NZ but the website is truly a big help! I'll def visit the CraftWorld & thank you for your suggestions

Hi AndyChef, thanks for giving a view about our location. I wouldn't know it from the google.maps, hahaha!

4. Re: Weekend in Auckland downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2015, 05:29
Get answers to your questions about Auckland Central