We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I get to attractions using city metro train

London, United...
Level Contributor
768 posts
Save Topic
How do I get to attractions using city metro train

Hello Im from London England,

I would like to see the following atractions using city metro trains, can some one tell me which trains and stops they please:

Sky Tower

Auckland Harbour Bridge

Vulcan Lane - eating and drinking places

Odessey Sensory Maze

Eden Park Stadum

Plus if time prevails any other places of interest using metro system

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do I get to attractions using city metro train

Whereabouts are you staying in Auckland. ??

Sky Tower, Harbour Bridge, Odyssey Sensory Maze & Vulcan Lane will most likely be within walking distance of where you are staying, or if you are staying out of the city centre, they are all within walking distance of Britomart Transport Centre which is the main city centre transport hub for trains.

Eden Park is next to Kingsland train station.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
33,622 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do I get to attractions using city metro train

For a short stay in AKL, almost all attractions are within the downtown area or a ferry ride acropss the harbour. Ther eare also some very useful bus routes to go to the Domain/Museum etc.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,099 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do I get to attractions using city metro train

To get to Eden Park by train catch the train to Kingsland Station. It is on the line that takes you out to West Auckland

London, United...
Level Contributor
768 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How do I get to attractions using city metro train

Thanks for the advise, is there a tourist map pdf I can download? Im still planning my trip so will have to look for a hotel more cenral downtown to get to most places, which areas would be best as a central hub in Auckland?

London, United...
Level Contributor
768 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How do I get to attractions using city metro train

I note there a approx 7 water front -promanade views of the city as follows:

Westhaven

Silo Marina

Silo Park

Wynyard Quarter

North Wharf

Viaduct

Queens Wharf

How d I get to these promenade places using metro train or walking?

The above riverside places +

Sky Tower

Auckland Harbour Bridge

Vulcan Lane - eating and drinking places

Odessey Sensory Maze

Eden Park Stadum

Can all of these be seen in 2 full days?

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
13,929 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How do I get to attractions using city metro train

What price range areyou looking for in hotel or hotel-apartment accommodation in the downtown area of the CBD?

Many places can be reached on foot. Certainly Vulcan Lane, Sky-tower, Sensory Maze on Queen St, Queen's Wharf (foot of Queen St/Britomart) and Viaduct are sited within the CBD and can be accessed by foot or Link bus service.

Be prepared to walk further to Westhaven marine to view the Harbour Bridge. Or take a ferry cruise or scheduled passenger service from downtown to gain a closer look at the bridge. The Birkenhead ferry service passes under the bridge. Sails restaurant at Westhaven affords good views of the bridge as well.

Silo Park markets can be reached on foot before you get to Westhaven marina, and after the Wynyard Quarter. There is lots of outdoors dining around the Viaduct, and with cheaper eateries found in the Wynyard Quarter including the Auckland Fish Market courtyard.

Britomart area also has restaurants and bars. This area is handy to several apartment hotels including those run by the Waldorf group - http://waldorf.co.nz/.

London, United...
Level Contributor
768 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How do I get to attractions using city metro train

Thanks for the info. I have not chosen any downtown hotels as of yet, that will be another task budget wise no dought downtown will be high end prices, I was looing for somthing like the Traders or Mercure chain say 3-4 star.

Are the Auckland night markets within easy reach by foot ans what are the locations?

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
33,622 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How do I get to attractions using city metro train

Sounds like your budget is quite high. If you use wotif.co.nz you could look at the Copthorne Harbour. Outside the high season you can get it for a very reasonable price - around $120 - and its location is fantastic for all the harbour-side attractions including the ferry terminus.

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How do I get to attractions using city metro train

Auckland CBD is not necesarily an expensive area for accommodation.

At the cheaper end of the scale (for a hotel room rather than hostel), you can get a room for around $80 (UKP40), and in the mid range there are loads of excellent options around $120-$130 (UKP 60)

Given that you have mentionned you would like to visit the waterfront areas at the Viaduct, Wynyard Quarter etc, and also Sky Tower, Vulcan Lane etc - a couple of hotels that would be perfectly located and reasonably priced (around $120) would be COPTHORNE HARBOUR CITY & THE MERCURE.

London, United...
Level Contributor
768 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: How do I get to attractions using city metro train

Thanks, will check those out as advised