We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One full day in Auckland!!!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
One full day in Auckland!!!

Hi guys, me and my girlfriend ( 24 and 21 ) have One full day in Auckland on a stop over before heading up to Cairns. What are the best attractions/ trips to see and do in the short time we have? Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated. Thanks Danny

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
32,515 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One full day in Auckland!!!

Interests? Time of year? Budget?

You could kayak out to Rangitoto Island; take a ferry to Waiheke island for some wine-tasting; jump off the Harbour Bridge; go surfing at Piha ...

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland
Level Contributor
13,334 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One full day in Auckland!!!

Hi Danny,

Agree with Zuhai. Depending on your interests etc, much of Auckland's appeal is based around its twin harbours - both east and west coast). Starting out from the downtown area of the CBD, the I-Site information centre located near the Viaduct harbour entrance provides lots of useful information on activities and day-tours.

Take the Airbus Express from airport to final stop beside the Ferry Buildings. The I-Site is a little further along Quay Street. The Explorer hop on-off bus departs from the ferry building if you are keen to have a general tour of Auckland city and its waterfront. Ferries including to Waiheke, Rangitoto, Devonport, and other harbour destinations depart from the piers alongside the Ferry Building.

Viaduct harbour and the Wynyard Quarter are nice inner harbour areas for a stroll and places to eat. Skytower dominates the inner city skyline and is easily reached on foot from the downtown area. Good views from both observation decks.

Enjoy your stop-over in Auckland.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One full day in Auckland!!!

Were travelling in mid October mate, were both adventurous and enjoy site seeing. Like the sound of Skytower and the observation deck. We don't really have a budget as long as its nothing ridiculously pricey. Can't wait to visit now!

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
799 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One full day in Auckland!!!

The following link is to a website that I recommend to our overseas friends. It is a great planning tool.

http://www.aucklandtourism.co.nz/home

Enjoy

Rotorua, New Zealand
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One full day in Auckland!!!

Not sure if adventurous = adrenaline junkie, if so you can do a bungee jump off the Sky Tower or the Harbour Bridge. There's also the sky screamer bungee on the corner of Victoria and Albert Streets.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One full day in Auckland!!!

thanks for your help guys. I will look into your suggestions

7. Re: One full day in Auckland!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2015, 05:20