We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surfing &/or Yoga Gisborne August

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
20 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Surfing &/or Yoga Gisborne August

Hello all,

Our family will be in Gisborne NZ for the last 2 weeks of August (2012). I'd like to find a Yoga studio and my 14-year-old surfer would like some more lessons (she's OK with cold water/wet suits). Any suggestions would be welcome. We arrive in Gisborne on August 16.

Tx

1 reply
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surfing &/or Yoga Gisborne August

When your in gisborne, the first surf shop you come across on Gladstone road (the main st) has lists of local surf instructors. Or you can try Sam at http://www.gisbornesurfschool.co.nz , he taught me years ago and I've been surfing ever since.

I'm not too sure about the yoga, I think the local pilates studio does yoga but I can't recommend it.

Also stay away from the far end of the beach on a stormy day on when the tide is coming in, there is a raw sewerage pipe (the break is called pipe) that can get a bit funky if your there when the water is churned up or coming back at you :)

Have fun, it's a great place in summer but hopefully you still get some nice weather. Also try Milton Vineyard, best wine in NZ in my opinion.

Reply to: Surfing &/or Yoga Gisborne August
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gisborne