We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

some more information if possible.

Which Hamilton hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
n.e. scotland
Level Contributor
431 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
some more information if possible.

hi there.

i now know where i am staying and have managed to use google maps to figure out roughly where it is in relation to different things i want to visit.

there is only a couple of things i need to know...

1) there's heaps of websites about hamilton that talk about waikato river cruises but i can't seem to get anywhere. the delta one appears to have closed and the other website links seems to not exist.

is there any river cruises still available??

2) can anyone tell me where i would find information on concerts or sports events taking place in hamilton in november?? i don't know if it is off-season or anything but i am struggling to find anything at all in november.

sorry to be a pest and thanks for any replies i get.

oh... whilst i am here. these are the things i am looking at going to see: HAMILTON ZOO, HAMILTON GARDENS, LAKE ROTORUA, WAIKATO MUSEUM, BRIDAL VEIL FALLS.

we also plan on spending a couple of days in auckland and i would love to somehow manage to get to wellington to use what was the "overlander" train all the way through the countryside.

anything else that i can easily reach that you would recommend??

thanks again for any help.

Dunedin, New Zealand
Level Contributor
533 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: some more information if possible.

Event sites such as the following exist for most towns/cities in New Zealand.

www.whatsonhamilton.co.nz/

www.eventfinder.co.nz/whatson/events/hamilton

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
31,290 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: some more information if possible.

I take student tours to Hamilton every year and I think you are right that the river cruises have stopped. Hamilton is not a tourist destinations as such & most people try to avoid driving through it!! There are jet boats on the Waikato River at Taupo (Huka Jet).

The Overlander train (now called Northern Explorer) is great but I think it only runs every 2nd day these days: www.kiwirailscenic.co.nz/northern-explorer/

If you are going to Bridal Veil Falls, don't miss Raglan too - a quirky little harbour town, with a great surf beach.

Do you mean Lake RotRUA or RotoROA - the former is about 90 min drive away in the town of the same name; the latter is a small peaty pond in Hamilton that is a very pleasant 1 hour walk to stroll around looking at wildlife & upmarket homes!!

Waitomo Caves is also highly recommended.

http://www.hamiltonwaikato.com/places-to-go

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
31,290 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: some more information if possible.

Will you be in Hanmilton BEFORE November? The Royal Show is on 26-28th October (Labour Weekend). I LOVE A&P shows!!

claudelands.co.nz/events/…royal-ap-show-

n.e. scotland
Level Contributor
431 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: some more information if possible.

sadly not. i arrive on monday the 5th november and leave on friday the 23rd november.

i looked at raglan cause they have a craft market on the second sunday of every month but sadly there does not seem to be any buses on sunday to get there.

oh. i meant rotoroa then. the small lake in hamilton. apparently they have boats on there that you can watch. (if i haven't gotten confused). i need things close to knox street so that i can walk there and hopefully not get lost.

i loved the look of the thermal parks (might not be the right word for them). but travel seems a bit more difficult to get to which is a shame as they look amazing. (the one i wanted to go to was waimangu volcanic valley).

thanks to everyone for the suggestions and advice.

:D

5. Re: some more information if possible.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2016, 12:15