We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help re: Car rental Napier to Auckland arpts

Which Napier hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego
Level Contributor
483 posts
165 reviews
Save Topic
Please help re: Car rental Napier to Auckland arpts

I am having a devil of a time finding a half-way decent price for a 5 day rental from Napier airport to Auckland (AKL) in Oct/Nov. We need an intermediate car. Seems we fly in pretty late (8pm) on a Sunday, so we may have to pick it up in town or airport on Oct 29th. Hoping to find a better deal than $500+ with a discount or something.

Anyone of my heroes out there in TripAdvisor?

Cheers, Vicky

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help re: Car rental Napier to Auckland arpts

Try NZ RENTACAR (www.nzrentacar.co.nz)

They generally have slightly older models of cars (6-8 years old on average), but this is typical for NZ 2nd tier rental companies....

In my experience they are a very reliable company, so you shouldn't have any problems with them....

I did a quick online quote for your requirements and seemed to be about $230 for what you require....

They generally offer a meet and greet service at all domestic airports, so they should meet you off your flight into Napier....

New Zealand
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help re: Car rental Napier to Auckland arpts

As another option try :

www.economycarrentals.com

Napier, New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help re: Car rental Napier to Auckland arpts

Hi There Vicky as a third option you could try

http://www.napiercarrentals.co.nz/

if you have any problems getting to the car I will pick you up myself and take you to it

cheers john

San Diego
Level Contributor
483 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help re: Car rental Napier to Auckland arpts

Thank you so much. I will start looking at these suggested places.

I do know that http://www.nzrentacar.co.nz/ want 515nzd.($200 one-way fee) Bit high for 5 days.

As for the others: I think I will consider pickup the next morning in town too.

Cheers! Vicky

Wellington
Level Contributor
105 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help re: Car rental Napier to Auckland arpts

Have a look at vroomvroomvroom.co.nz which compares all the main rental companies. Some offer better one way deals for US residents than others...I have been doing some research on similar for some British relatives and I was surprised at the variations on one way fees for different nationalities!

6. Re: Please help re: Car rental Napier to Auckland arpts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 06:15