We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beachcomber Resort

Australia
Level Contributor
220 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Beachcomber Resort

Has anyone stayed at the Beachcomber Resort please?

Info welcome

Boondy

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
199 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beachcomber Resort

Hi boondy,

We did not stay at the Beachcomber Resort, but I found the following rating by another TAer:

Traveler rating:

Paihia: Flag Resort Beachcomber: "Great lamb"

Jan 27, 2007 Boardy, Bristol

My experience with this property took place in:

January, 2007

Would I recommend this hotel to my best friend? absolutely!

My ratings for this hotel are:

Value

Rooms

Cleanliness

Check in / front desk

Service

I recommend this hotel for: Young singles, A romantic getaway, Older travelers, Families with young children, Families with teenagers, Tourists

I selected this hotel because ... Beach / Sun, Museums / Cultural / Historical sites, Great food / Wine

My age: 35-49

Traveling group: Spouse / significant other

My visit was for: Other

We had booked through Devonport i-site centre (PS loads cheaper doing it this way when you get to NZ than booking in advance or doing an organised trip)

We arrived by bus and we had been told that we were booked into the 4 star Scenic Circle but when we got to reception we were told that we were actually booked into the "sister hotel" the 2.5 star Beachcomber. Unfortunately, this was a bit of a trek (dragging a suitcase up a hill) so we didn't arrive happy. However, the reception staff were lovely (especially the Kylies) and the view from the room was awesome as there is nothing between the hotel and the beach except the garden. From the outside the bright hotel sign gives you the impression that you might be staying in an 18-30s. The Beachcomber is more of a motel than a hotel at the moment but it has just been bought by Scenic Circle so you get all the toiletries and the mini bar plus it has a better view . The restaurant is nice and there is a tiny but cute bar (mind your head). The lamb was delicious but there was a distinct lack of bacon in the chicken and bacon salad. All the staff are friendly and helpful. It is walking distance from the centre but at night you are safer in a taxi as the hotel is on a busy road (no noise heard from room). It's fun to get a taxi anyway as you may get to share it with a drunken local! You can call from any of the bars. If you are feeling reckless get the tuc-tuc!

Recommend getting a ferry to Russell. It's very pretty and there are some good restaurants.

This TripAdvisor Member:

Liked: The view and the staff

Disliked: The road it was on

I hope that helps you decide.

Happy travels!

Australia
Level Contributor
220 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beachcomber Resort

Thankyou very much Pitapita...it was very kind of you to look this up for me. Very much appreciated and I look forward to my stay there in March

Boondy

3. Re: Beachcomber Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 00:19
Get answers to your questions about Paihia