We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Stay in Paihia?

Which Paihia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
Level Contributor
22 posts
202 reviews
Save Topic
Where to Stay in Paihia?

Hello, my husband and I will be traveling to New Zealand in February 2014. We are coming from Canada and I suffer terribly with jet lag. So, we thought a good place to start our visit would be to relax in Paihia for a few days. From our past experience, we saw how wonderfully friendly the "kiwis" are. For this reason, we are also willing to pay a little more for a B & B. We are looking for a motel or B&B that has king size beds, pool, breakfast included and close to the bus station. Also, is there any shuttle service from Paihia to Kerikeri and back, other than Intercity Bus? We would like to spent most of a day in Kerikeri, but the Intercity Bus doesn't allow that. Thanks for any help.

Paihia
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Stay in Paihia?

Hi Julie, February is a good time to be in the Bay of Islands. It is still peak period and our warmest month. Most of the B & B's are not around the town centre in Paihia. I would suggest you have a look at Anchorage Motel which is about a 4 minute walk to town and Bus stop. They have all your requirements and can do cooked or continental Breakfast. Another place to look at would be Pioneer Apartments which are only 1 minute to town but they don't do breakfast. These are both good options. No there is not a shuttle bus service to Kerikeri. I can only suggest that you get a rental car for a day as Kerikerik has quite an area to cover. You would need your Candian Driving Licences to be fully readable in English otherwise you would require an International Licence. You could try looking at Rent-A-Dent. Regards Sue

Vancouver
Level Contributor
22 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to Stay in Paihia?

Thanks for the suggestions, Sue

Paihia
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to Stay in Paihia?

Hi Julie, You are most welcome! Regards Sue

Vancouver
Level Contributor
22 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to Stay in Paihia?

Hi Sue, I looked up Rent a Dent and they aren't showing a location in Paihia. I have gone through several car rental sites and have only found Go Birds Rental so far. I wonder about hiring a taxi to take us to Kerikeri and back again? We have made reservations at Tarltons Lodge and talked to the owner over the phone. He sounded very pleasant and offered to help us with plans during our visit. So I have just emailed him for suggestions also. Thanks.

Paihia
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to Stay in Paihia?

Hi Julie, Tarlton's Lodge is very beautiful. It is quite a walk to town and is quite high up in Sullivans Road. See if they can pick you up. It would be quite expensive to hire a Taxi, about $50.00 each way. As I said Kerikeri is quite spread out and it has another part at Waipapa where there is a Kauri Forest and also out that way Rainbow waterfalls. That is too far to walk! There is Rent-A-Dent here at Opua. Their email is bayofislands@rentadent.co.nz You won't need to go to them they will bring the car to you as they work from home. Kind Regards Sue

6. Re: Where to Stay in Paihia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2014, 18:15
Get answers to your questions about Paihia