We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferry price

Which Paihia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Shore City...
Level Contributor
200 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
ferry price

I can't find any info on the internet, but does anyone know how much the ferry is return Paihia - Russell?

also does anyone know if Paihia has a market (farmers / craft market) on a Saturday morning?

thanks in advance

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ferry price

I think its about $6 each way off the top of my head.....

North Shore City...
Level Contributor
200 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ferry price

thanks - I finally found something online that said $6, but I assumed this was $6 return?

Paihia
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ferry price

Hi Muffinz, The Passenger Ferry from Paihia to Russell is $7.00 1 way or $12.00 Return per Adult and $4.00 1 Way or $6.00 Return per Child. This is a Twenty minute ride across the Harbour. The Vehicle Ferry at Opua is $11.00 for the Car and Driver, $1.00 per Adult and 50 Cents per Child - Double this for return tickets. This is a 7 Minute Ferry ride and an 8km drive into Russell. Paihia has a Farmers Market every Thursday at 2.00pm until 5.30pm. They have a Craft Market when the Cruise ships are in and there are 44 Cruise Ships due between 10/10/13 to 14/4/14. Regards Sue

North Shore City...
Level Contributor
200 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ferry price

Thanks for that Sue - we will probably take the passenger ferry Paihia / Russell return

We are staying at the Sea Spray suites - is the farmers market close to there? (walking distance)

Paihia
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: ferry price

Hi Muffinz, You are most welcome! The Sea Spray Suites is about 10 minutes walk to the market. The market is right in town on the village green. Regards Sue

Bay of Islands, New...
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: ferry price

Hi Muffinz,

Here's more info + timetables for both passenger and car ferries. There are additional passenger ferries running between Paihia and Russell operated by another company, so there's one at least every half hour.

dolphincruises.co.nz/visitor-information/…

Cheers,

Kiwisailor

7. Re: ferry price

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2014, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about Paihia