We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation near Rotorua

Which Rotorua hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ashington, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
269 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation near Rotorua

I'm starting a 7 week tour of New Zealand on 29th January from Aukland.. So far,I've got accommodation sorted for the north island with the exception of Rotorua.Can anyone suggest some where to stay near to the town for 2nd and 3rd February.All the Hotels ,Motels ,B&Bs etc in the town are booked that weekend.

I shall be travelling from Tauranga and then onto Taupo.I'm looking for mid -priced accommodation[not backpacking nor luxury]

Thanks

New Zealand
Level Contributor
205 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation near Rotorua

Not surprised accomodation booked out. Auckland aniversary weekend,meaning Rotorua is booked out with accomadation.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
205 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation near Rotorua

Auckland anniversary weekend is this weekend.

vancouver
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation near Rotorua

stay away from kiwipaka or the bedbugs will feast on you. plus the reception staff are difficult to deal with.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,292 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation near Rotorua

I can't beleive you haven't been able to find accommodation, it's the final week of school holidays but nothing else special on. There are literally hundreds of motels in Rotorua. There is only an hours drive between Tauranga and Rotorua and Rotorua and Taupo and not much in between. If you can't find anywhere then best to do Rotorua as a day trip from Taupo(especially if you're visiting one of the geothermal parks south of Rotorua)

Get in touch with the iSite(information centre) in Rotorua, they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Feilding, New...
Destination Expert
for Rotorua
Level Contributor
1,555 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation near Rotorua

There is a big concert, Ragamuffin, with good bands playing that weekend and accommodation in Rotorua has been booked out for weeks. Monday is also Auckland Anniversary weekend, a provincial holiday and this includes Rotorua. You could take your chance and arrive with the hope that there will be cancellations. You may find www.athomeinrotorua.co.nz or www.globalavailability.com helpful websites and also www.travelbug.co.nz. The last two show availability of accommodation although not all accommodation providers are listed.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,292 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation near Rotorua

Just to clarify, Auckland Anniversary (which includes Northland, the Bay of Plenty & Waikato) is THIS weekend Monday, Jan 28th. Unless people are staying over for the whole week it shouldn't impact on accommodation so it sounds like it's the bands that are causing the problems......reggae music to the fore!

Scotland
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation near Rotorua

Top 10 in Rotorua is definitely one of the better ones, very nice cabins round the back.

Col

8. Re: Accommodation near Rotorua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 21:18