We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rainbow Springs Kiwi Wildlife Park or Agrodome

Which Rotorua hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,154 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Rainbow Springs Kiwi Wildlife Park or Agrodome

If you had a choice between the two, which would you choose? We'd like an unique experience. I think it'd be nice seeing Kiwi's. We obviously do not have Kiwi's back home :)

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
30,918 posts
307 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rainbow Springs Kiwi Wildlife Park or Agrodome

For Australians definitely the kiwis & rainbow Springs. However my Chinese students find the kiwi rather boring and enjoy the Agrodome as most have never seen sheep before. They enjoy the opportunity to get up on stage and milk a cow or feed a lamb with a bottle. It is a highlight of our trip.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,154 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rainbow Springs Kiwi Wildlife Park or Agrodome

Thanks zhuhai2007 for the feedback.

I think we're leaning more towards Rainbow Springs Kiwi Wildlife Park.

Any other feedback? :)

UK
Level Contributor
422 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rainbow Springs Kiwi Wildlife Park or Agrodome

Both are great fun, but I would recommend the Kiwi Encounter at Rainbow Springs - it's superb and, I think, one of the best kiwi centres in NZ.

Rotorua New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Rotorua
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rainbow Springs Kiwi Wildlife Park or Agrodome

A $27NZD Rainbow Springs Kiwi Wildlife Park pass allows you entry to the park over 24 hours so you could visit once in the day and again in the evening. As the kiwi is nocturnal your viewing of this bird is better after dark when the night lights give a different perspective.

If you are going to Mitai Maori Cultural Evening you can purchase a combo ticket and see both the culture and the park at night. You could probably include the Agrodome during the day where you see the breeds of sheep, shearing and the sheep dogs at work. Learning about N.Z. sheep farming in this manner is very entertaining.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,154 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rainbow Springs Kiwi Wildlife Park or Agrodome

Thanks for the info ValGee.

6. Re: Rainbow Springs Kiwi Wildlife Park or Agrodome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2011, 07:18