We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advance booking in Sept?

Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,078 posts
731 reviews
Save Topic
Advance booking in Sept?

We are staying in Rotorua on Sept 8 to Sept 10. I know the World Cup is there at that time. Should we be making advance reservations for Waiotapu or Whakarewarewa or theGondola? We already have reservations for the hangi one night. Also do we need reservations forPolynesian Spa? One more thing..any recommendations for breakfast and lunch or should we be eating at the thermal places? I saw Fat Dog Cafe was supposed to be good. Thank you.

Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
1,795 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advance booking in Sept?

Yes

Don't know.

Rotorua
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Advance booking in Sept?

You will not need reservations for the geothermal areas.

Probably sensible for the Polynesian Spa.

Tutanakai St is our eat street lots to choose from, also Capers in Eruera St.

Pig & Whistle is an old favourite, could be very busy during the cup though.

One of the best restaurants is at the Waiora Lakeside Spa, Mokoia Restaurant, it's where we run away to when we want a treat.

Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,078 posts
731 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advance booking in Sept?

Thank you for your replies. I appreciate it.

4. Re: Advance booking in Sept?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 21:15