We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

White Island Helicopter Tour

Level Contributor
231 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
White Island Helicopter Tour

We wanted to go to White Island by helicopter. There are 3 helicopter companies -- Vulcan, Volcanic and Helipro. Is there any feedback on these -- would you pick one over the other? If so, why?

Thanks much!

Level Contributor
427 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: White Island Helicopter Tour

We went with Vulcan, not for any reason other than that was the leaflet we picked up. It was superb, and our pilot and guide (Ross) was brilliant.

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time whoever you use, for us it was the trip of a lifetime! Hope you enjoy it.

Pattaya, Thailand
Level Contributor
43 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: White Island Helicopter Tour

Hi, My wife and I also went with Vulcan in April last year. Its was brilliant.Yes expensive but worth it. Our Pilot was Marcus,also Jodi from the office accompanied us to take Photographs of our trip.This was really very reasonable priced ( cant remember now how much ) But well worth it.

Great memories, trip of a life time.

PS with many other trips of a life time in NZ 1,Heli trip to Fox Glacier. 2 Trip from near Paihia to Northern Tip of New Zealand. On fixed wing plane with 'Northland www.saltair.co.nz ( just looked at our photo to get this info). Its a good day out as they land and take you in a mini bus for a Picnic. Plus Sand sledging.To see the 2 oceans clashing together is something.

Enjoy, I think we will be back NZ. next year

3. Re: White Island Helicopter Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 02:17
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor