We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any suggestion for good fishing lake, spot, or companies?

nomadicmomof2
Level Contributor
38 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Any suggestion for good fishing lake, spot, or companies?

I would like suggestion for good fishing lake, spot, or companies.

Thank you in advance

Feilding, New...
Destination Expert
for Rotorua
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any suggestion for good fishing lake, spot, or companies?

The I site in Rotorua or www.rotoruaNZ.com may be able to help with this.

Lake Rotorua at Hamurana is a popular spot as is Lake Tarawera, Lake Okataina and Lake Rotoiti but I make no claims to be an expert on information re fishing. Hamills is a sports shop in Rotorua and googling them may give you more information.

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
4,855 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any suggestion for good fishing lake, spot, or companies?

Lake Taupo has good fishing for trout.

About an hour from Rotorua

Stay at the Comfort inn on lake terrace and you will be just steps from the shore

They even have a BBQ for any fish caught

Edited: 16 March 2012, 00:40
nomadicmomof2
Level Contributor
38 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any suggestion for good fishing lake, spot, or companies?

Thank you for the replies

Napier, New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any suggestion for good fishing lake, spot, or companies?

Hi there In Rotorua my recommendation is Gordon Randle, I have been out with him several times over the years, his prices are reasonable and he is very experienced, charter times are say 4 hours and that lines in the water to lines out, not travel to the fishing spot included, his prices also include free pick drop off from your hotel,Gordon will also clean and prepair you fish for you and for a small extra fee ($5ndz from memory) per fish he will smoke and pack your fish, Last trip I caught 6 good sized trout and got 2 smoked which lasted for months in the freezer, overall 10 out of 10, I cannot speak highly enough of this man and his fishing service,

here is his site with contact details

http://www.rotoruatrout.co.nz/gordon.htm

cheers john

5. Re: Any suggestion for good fishing lake, spot, or companies?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 06:42