We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skyline restaurant

Rockhampton...
Level Contributor
232 posts
154 reviews
Save Topic
Skyline restaurant

My husband and I will be in Rotorua for our 30th anniversary on the 6th August, we would like to go out for dinner that night. We are not interested in the typical fine dining, candlelight and wine option, we are more casual and memories are more important. Just need a hearty meal, beautiful scenery and hot chocolate, would the Skyline dining fit the bill. We just want to eat maybe enjoy the night lights and a nice walk. I realise it will be quite cold but thats okay, any thoughts? Also would we need to book in advance? Any advice?

Feilding, New...
Destination Expert
for Rotorua
Level Contributor
1,568 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skyline restaurant

Congratulations on your anniversary.Perhaps not as romantic, but have you considered a Maori Cultural Show such as Mitai, Tamaki or Te Po (they serve hot chocolate close to Pohutu Geyser after you have been entertained and dined)?

Skyline gives you the cable car experience, night lights and the experience of dining looking down upon Rotorua city lights. There are a variety of dining experiences in 'Eat Street' at the lake end of Tutanaekai Street. If you decide on a Maori Cultural Show, transfers to and from are provided from most accommodation.

Rockhampton...
Level Contributor
232 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skyline restaurant

Thanks Valgee, will keep your suggestion in mind :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
484 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skyline restaurant

We've done the Skyline restuarant in both Rotorua and Queenstown - Rotorua wins in my book. We've also done a Maori cultural show and dinner in Rotorua. Although the show/dinner was nice, I prefer the Skyline for something nice (like an anniversary).

Time it with sunset so unlike us, you end up with a early booking and then waiting for hours for night. Unfortunately not everyone can get a window seat but there is a viewing platform for you to enjoy

4. Re: Skyline restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2014, 06:17