We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Polynesian Spa/Hell's Gate

SAN DIEGO
Level Contributor
37 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Polynesian Spa/Hell's Gate

Read review after review of Polynesian Spa, husband and myself especially love a massage and mineral waters, is 30minutes w/ massage enough? Priest Pool seems inviting. Plan on doing Hell's Gate also, so not sure how much time to devote to each. Any recommendations on including both of these on our 3 night stay in Rotorua? Read Post's that suggested doing Hell's Gate first (love mud baths) after viewing Geyser then Spa in the evening. Kids are great but not when I am trying to relax!!! So many choices when looking at websites for both and it can get pricey. Suggestions????? Will be there December 5th thru the 8th.

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
14,246 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Polynesian Spa/Hell's Gate

I would suggest you visit Hells Gate as a daytime activity, and the Polynesian Pools as a relaxing late afternoon/evening activity. 30 minutes to visit the pools is a very short time-frame to enjoy some therapy and the pools also.

For a 3 day visit, you can slot both attractions easily into your stay. Possibly visit the pools on several occasions, in which case followup a longer visit with the 30 minute spa therapy.

In between paid attractions, visit some of the sites that are open to the public including Kuirau Park, the Government gardens for a stroll, the lakes and rivers and walking trails, and the Redwood Forest.

SAN DIEGO
Level Contributor
37 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Polynesian Spa/Hell's Gate

Thank you for your reply and I agree that the Spa should come after Hell's Gate. After reading your reply I took a quick look at Kuirau Park and it too had very favorable reviews. I almost thought 3 nts was too much for Rotorua but now I have to put together an itinerary just for Rotorua. Will be visiting Waitomo and Taupo each for 2 days preceding Rotorua and the Spa and Hell's Gate might be the only relaxation we get in!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
484 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Polynesian Spa/Hell's Gate

I really liked Hells Gate but found the spa was a secondary event to visiting the place and walking around.

The spa is very open to people walking past so I didnt found it that relaxing but it was enjoyable.

We really enjoyed Rotorua, had lots of fun there.

SAN DIEGO
Level Contributor
37 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Polynesian Spa/Hell's Gate

Thank you for your reply!

5. Re: Polynesian Spa/Hell's Gate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Rotorua