We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kaiate Falls from Cruise port

Qld Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kaiate Falls from Cruise port

Advise needed for best way to access the Kaiate Falls by public transport from the cruise terminal

Tauranga
Level Contributor
331 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kaiate Falls from Cruise port

Taxi might be your only option. Certainly there are no scheduled bus services there.

You may find a tour company that goes there, but none spring to mind.

http://www.newzealand.com/int/plan/activities-and-tours+tauranga/

Tauranga
Level Contributor
7 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kaiate Falls from Cruise port

No public transport so a taxi is your only option. I do wonder why you would want to go there though, it's not exactly a highlight of any trip though perfectly pleasant.

America
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kaiate Falls from Cruise port

Yeah, even though I feature Kaiate falls in my book, I'd hardly recommend the effort it'd take to take a taxi all the way there--it is a series of small waterfalls, nothing to really write home about. The biggest waterfall near Tauranga would be Wairere Falls, but it isn't really nearby either.

Nuremberg
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kaiate Falls from Cruise port

So what would be your reccommendation to do in Tauranga?

5. Re: Kaiate Falls from Cruise port

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2014, 04:15