We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Novotel or Holiday Inn?

time2travel88
Level Contributor
47 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Novotel or Holiday Inn?

Hi,

We will be stayinhg for 1 night in Wellington arriving on the ferry from Picton and departing from the airport the following afternoon.

Any advice on which hotel I should book in?? Do either of them provide a free shuttle? Are they in a good location?

Thanks in advance it's our first trip there!

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
253 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Novotel or Holiday Inn?

Neither hotel provides a free transfer but the Inter-Island ferry normally provide a shuttle to the Wellington Railway Station which is then not too far from the Holiday Inn if you don't mind a short walk with your bags.

Holiday Inn is a great hotel, book a room with a view.

Both hotels are in good locations.

time2travel88
Level Contributor
47 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Novotel or Holiday Inn?

Thank you for the information.

Yes, I think a room with a harbour/city view is a must. I'm leaning towards the Holiday Inn.

From what I can gather everything is relatively close by in Wellington. I was thinking it might be possible for the hotel to have a taxi waiting for us at the ferry.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,111 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Novotel or Holiday Inn?

The Holiday Inn is a more upmarket hotel than the Novatel, and is closer to the Rail Station where you can get a shuttele to the Interislander and is within walking distance to the Bluebridge Ferry.

I would choose the Holiday Inn given a preference.

time2travel88
Level Contributor
47 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Novotel or Holiday Inn?

Ok great. Thank you.

Can I ask how far/hard is the walk from the train station to the Hoiday Inn as Grandma is 71 : )

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,111 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Novotel or Holiday Inn?

About 100 metres. You cant miss it as you come out of the main entrance of the station. Turn right then walk about 100 metres along the road and you are there.

Have a great trip

time2travel88
Level Contributor
47 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Novotel or Holiday Inn?

Oh great. That works out perfectly then.

I just booked 2 bed harbour view room $153.

Thank you for all again for your help!

7. Re: Novotel or Holiday Inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 22:18