We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

At Home Wellington City - anyone stayed recently?

Fullerton...
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
At Home Wellington City - anyone stayed recently?

I emailed the At Home Wellington City hotel to book a room yesterday based on the reviews on TripAdvisor, and received a reply that I have a reservation in April. However, the hotel did not ask me for my address, phone number or a credit card number to hold my reservation. Is this normal? How can I know for certain that my reservation is confirmed? I've emailed the hotel back, but have not heard from them yet. Anyone have any ideas?

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington
Level Contributor
302 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: At Home Wellington City - anyone stayed recently?

It may be quicker just to email them back rather than wait for someone who has stayed to reply - It doesn't sound very usual to me generally, and for peace of mind why not contact them again.

It's not that well known here to me anyway (born and bred!) (maybe quite new?) Looks nice on the website though and a great inner city location.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,099 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: At Home Wellington City - anyone stayed recently?

The boutique hotel was set up with no expense spared by a local Real Estate Agent as part of his expanding empire. The Real Estate part of the Empire has taken a massive hit over the past couple of years and has crumbled but the hotel appears to be going from strength to strength. I would continue to chase them up by email. If you havent heard anything back by Monday send me a PM ans I'll follow it up for you.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,099 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: At Home Wellington City - anyone stayed recently?

I spoke with Leanne the owner this morning and she confirms that this is quite normal for this establishment. They operate a very family orientated establishment and try to keep life as simple and friendly as possible. She advises that she has been back in contact with our Americans and confirmed their booking.

The current owner set up the hotel three years ago for the original owner and took over ownership herself earlier this year.

London, England
Level Contributor
2,166 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: At Home Wellington City - anyone stayed recently?

Wow, that's very trusting of them not to ask for any credit card info. I'll have to check them out for my trip in Jan.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,099 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: At Home Wellington City - anyone stayed recently?

As I previously advised it is a family orientated hotel and in the past three years they have only been bitten once. The owners tell me that if it is choice of travellers they will start charging for accomodation in advance.

6. Re: At Home Wellington City - anyone stayed recently?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 08:16