We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spanish Restaurant in Wellington?

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Spanish Restaurant in Wellington?

We will be visiting Wellington early in April and are looking for somewhere to spend the Friday evening. Does anyone know if there is a good Spanish restaurant in Wellington?

BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,722 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spanish Restaurant in Wellington?

Good question lonekaurilodge.

A shame I´m always back at home

Jose

Wellington, NZ
Destination Expert
for Wellington
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spanish Restaurant in Wellington?

I don't know if we have a dedicated Spanish restaurant in Wellington . . .we have a few Mediterranean restaurants and a few tapas bars. Two I've heard are good are Ambeli and Duke Carvell's. I can also suggest Zibibbos - a Spanish/Italian restaurant that also does tapas. I've eaten there in the past.

www.dineout.co.nz/restaurant.php…

Ambeli is in Mt Victoria, a short walk from Courtenay Place (past the Embassy Cinema). Duke Carvell is off upper Cuba St (heaps of eating choices up there too), and Zibibbo is off Courtenay Place near Te Papa . If you're staying in the CBD, they will all be within walking distance.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
8,318 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spanish Restaurant in Wellington?

Wellington must be the restaurant capital of NZ! If you don't find the right Spanish one there are plenty of others. Hope on the plane and try Pedros in ChCh.

Kapiti Coast
Level Contributor
647 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spanish Restaurant in Wellington?

Just something to consider, depending on how early in April you are in town, some places will be closed on Good Friday, 2nd April, or given that it is a public holiday may charge a surcharge.

Dunedin, New Zealand
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Spanish Restaurant in Wellington?

Osteria del Toro is somewhat spanish, though I don't know how pure. google will sort you out.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington
Level Contributor
311 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spanish Restaurant in Wellington?

Agree on Osteria del Toro in Tory Street. I was there last night! I'd say it's a good choice as is nice food, never very slow to serve food at all - and very buzzy atmosphere. They don't generally take bookings so it is nice to allow a bit extra time and have a drink in their bar if you are not arriving early.

The menu is spanish influenced with Paella, Tapas dishes, and also other things such as a goat curry, delicious pizza (last nights one blew me away actually - Egg, Artichokes, beautiful ham...) and Tagine's... so it's a bit varied.

If you go early like 6 you'll get a table easily but it won't be as buzzy as a bit later on. Also you'll be right in the middle of town so it's well located for having a walk around if you like afterwards. http://www.osteriadeltoro.co.nz/menus.html

7. Re: Spanish Restaurant in Wellington?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2010, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Wellington