We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accommodation close to interislander ferries wellington

north wales uk
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
accommodation close to interislander ferries wellington

Can anyone advise me on the closest & easiest accommodation to the interislander ferries. Booked on early crossing, so need to be there for 7am, hence need for close proximity. Accommodation dosent need to be posh, clean & basic is fine. Thanks

auckland
Level Contributor
424 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accommodation close to interislander ferries wellington

Are you driving?If so, you may be best to look at a motel , as parking for Wellington hotels can be limited,We have stayed at Halswell Lodge (motel and lodge complex) a couple of times.It would be approx 10 mins drive, traffic dependent.It is relatively easy to get to the ferry terminal from there.There are lots of hotels in Wellington central, none very far from the ferry terminal.As long as you base yourself IN Wellington city, rather than suburbs, you will be close.The "Interislander " site has a list it might be worth looking at.

Enjoy your trip-it's a wonderful trip on a good day!

Herefordshire
Level Contributor
533 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accommodation close to interislander ferries wellington

We.ve just booked to stay at the Holiday Inn at Featherton Street. It is very close to the Bluebrige terminal and i'm sure i read somewhere on the forum that you can catch a shuttle from the train station which is very close to the hotel to the Interislander terminal. (I'm sure somebody will be able to confirm this).

If you check on the Holiday Inn website they very often have special offers.

Have a fantastic holiday

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,103 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accommodation close to interislander ferries wellington

The closest hotel to the railway station is the Holiday Inn with the Ibis ( a bit cheaper) a further 200 metres down Featherston Street. The Kingsgate Hotel in THorndon is also within walking distance to the station. The Bluebridge terminal is across the road from the railway station to the East and there is a shuttle that leaves platform 9, 50 minutes prior to sailing cost $2.

There is a backpacker hostel across the road from the station to the south East

north wales uk
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: accommodation close to interislander ferries wellington

Thanks everyone for your replies, checking out your suggestions. I will have a rental car so probably best to check out motels, mainly because of parking issue.

3 months to my holiday! 2 months in New Zealand, I can barely contain my excitement!

Thanks again everyone

Lismor19

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,103 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: accommodation close to interislander ferries wellington

Try Capital Gateway Motel at the top of the Ngaraunga Gorge. It is 5 mins drive to the ferry

London UK
Level Contributor
2,562 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: accommodation close to interislander ferries wellington

We stayed at the Marksman Motor Inn. It is about 5 / 10 minutes drive to the ferry terminal, although at 6.30 am it is more likely to be about five minutes. It also has ample free parking. Read my review on this motel.

Enjoy your trip.

Edited: 01 October 2010, 13:41
7. Re: accommodation close to interislander ferries wellington

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2011, 05:17